If you are planning to study in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), you might be wondering about the academic calendar and the public holidays in this country. The UAE is a diverse and multicultural nation that offers a range of educational opportunities for students from different backgrounds and interests. However, it is also important to know when the school terms start and end, when the exams are held, and when the holidays are celebrated so that you can plan your study schedule and your travel plans accordingly.
The UAE public holidays are based on the Islamic lunar calendar, which means that they may vary slightly each year according to the moon sighting³. Some of the major public holidays in the UAE are:
– Eid Al Fitr: This is a three-day festival that marks the end of Ramadan, the holy month of fasting. It usually falls in May or June.
– Eid Al Adha: This is a four-day festival that commemorates the sacrifice of Prophet Ibrahim. It usually falls in July or August.
– Hijri New Year: This is the first day of the Islamic lunar calendar. It usually falls in August or September.
– Prophet Mohammed’s Birthday: This is a one-day celebration of the birth of Prophet Mohammed. It usually falls in October or November.
– National Day: This is a two-day celebration of the union of the seven emirates that form the UAE. It falls on December 2 and 3 every year.
– Israa Wal Miraj: This is a one-day celebration of the night journey and ascension of Prophet Mohammed. It usually falls in March or April.
– Martyrs’ Day: This is a one-day tribute to the martyrs who sacrificed their lives for the UAE. It falls on November 30 every year.
Knowing the academic calendar and the public holidays in the UAE can help you plan your study and travel plans better. You can use this information to decide when to enroll in a school, when to take exams, when to apply for scholarships or visas, when to book flights or hotels, and when to explore the various tourist attractions and things to do in the UAE.
The UAE is a fascinating country that offers a rich cultural and educational experience for students from all over the world. Whether you want to study in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Al Ain, Fujairah, Ras Al-Khaimah, or Umm Al-Quwain, you will find a school that suits your needs and interests. You will also find plenty of opportunities to enjoy the beaches, deserts, mountains, malls, museums, mosques, parks, and theme parks that make this country unique and exciting.
Enroll for a Management program at the Nest Academy Dubai, Call +971585876263