GUIDELINES, INSTRUCTION & UNDERTAKING
Please read these terms & conditions carefully as they shall form part of the relationship between the Student and Nest Academy of Management Education, Dubai (hereinafter referred to as “Academy” or “N|A|M|E Dubai”). This terms and conditions governs your relationship as a student with Nest Academy of Management Education. A student is a person who has submitted a admission application form to Nest Academy of Management Education, any admission application submitted by a person will be construed as student of Nest Academy of Management Education and terms and conditions will apply in general. The terms and conditions apply regardless of changes made to a student’s study programme or as originally stated on the Application form, subject to N|A|M|E giving reasonable notice of such changes wherever possible.
Provisional Application and Admission
Provisional Application and Admission
- To admit a student at N|A|M|E Dubai, the “Admission Form” must be completed, signed by the Applicant and Parent / Guardian (wherever necessary). You can send your application directly to [email protected] with all the required documents as per Admission Procedure Guidelines.
- Applicant needs to successfully complete the evaluation process including Interview, work experience documents, english placement test as applicable.
Confirmation of Admission from the Awarding Body / University
- Applicants are advised to complete all the formalities for the said registration process very carefully including timely submission of required Academic Documents.
- Applicants may receive Confirmation of Admission from N|A|M|E within 30 days from the date of submission of full set of Admission Documents and student visa application documents where applicable.
- The Awarding Body or the partner University for credit transfer reserves the right to accept or decline the Admission to the study programme at its discretion. The decision of the Awarding Bodyor the partner University for credit transfer shall be final and binding on all.
- If the student expresses the desire for cancellation of admission or cancellation of student residence visa sponsorship of the academy, before the registration is done with the awarding body, the academy may at its discretion choose not to register the student with the awarding body if the academy feels that further tuition fees may not be received from the student. If the student later on expresses the desire to continue with the admission then there will be a delay in the completion of the course for the student because they will be registered with the awarding body at a later date when they expressed their desire to continue with the admission and not cancel. Note that there is no refund of any charges or fees upon cancellation of admission and that the full tuition fees is due to be paid before the cancellation of admission or cancellation of residence visa sponsorship can be processed.
Centre for Examination and Centre for Study
- The location of the Centre for Examination shall be allotted by either N|A|M|E or Awarding Body or the partner University for credit transfer and is subject to change as per Awarding Body or the partner University for credit transfer norms and the applicable Regulations. Student shall be given reasonable notice wherever possible.
- Owing to the practical nature of the course, the place for delivery of the sessions and lectures will be at the discretion of N|A|M|E and will also be based on your choice of programme. If the programme is a multi-country delivery format proramme then the delivery will happen at designated centres in those respective countries or electronically using technology. The delivery may happen at partner institutions campuses or centres to maintain the quality of the course and programme and as may be deemed suitable by N|A|M|E Dubai.
Transfer to Universities or Colleges abroad
- Students must be aware that transfers to any overseas campuses, associated Universities or colleges are subject to the relevant visa requirements set by that country. Tuition fees, scholarships and grants are also unique to N|A|M|E Dubai and will not be applicable to the campus or university you will choose to transfer to.
- The academy does not guarantee transfer to any university, it will only support the student in the process of transfer. It is at the discretion of the university on the amount of credits to be exempted, whether to accept the student admission or not, or to induce incremental entry requirements like English language test score.
*Progression and Transfer to partner Universities
- Nest Academy of Management Education is approved by and affiliated to ATHE & CTH, UK which is the body that quality assures the programs and awards the qualifications and UK Credits to the students. N|A|M|E is not a university and does not enroll students for any degree and does not award any degree.
- If any education consultant, agent or employee of the academy has mentioned that the academy will award the degree then the same is to be construed as a false statement which is not endorsed by the academy. It is the onus of the student to bring such matter to the notice of the academy and seek clarification.
- N|A|M|E has transfers arrangements and progression pathways with partner universities for students to complete their graduation and earn degree awarded by a partner university locally or internationally, like the University of Bolton or University of Derby. University of Bolton at its academic center in RAK, UAE gives exemptions to relevant credits earned by students for the validated programs to award top up Degree in the last year upon completion of remaining credits. University of Derby offers the top up degree program through online and distance learning mode also.
Payment of fees
- Students are expected to carefully check the applicable fees and other charges applicable for the study programme and make payment on the defined due dates. Failure to do this may result in suspension from the programme, and/or cancellation of Admission and cancellation of student residence visa sponsorship.
- The cost of travel, transfers, visa, lodging, boarding, airfare or any expenses other than tuition fees of the programme will have to be borne by the student only.
- The academy can facilitate payment of tuition fees or other charges in various instalments. The academy has the right to hold the original documents of the students including, but not limited to, previous original transcripts, mark-sheets or academic certificates for safekeeping until the full tuition fees are paid by the student. The student will have to make payment for all tuition fees and other charges due before they collect their Emirates ID.
- There is no refund of any fees or charges paid upon cancellation of admission. The admission cancellation process and / or the residence visa cancellation process will not proceed until the full course/qualification tuition fees and other charges as applicable are fully paid by the student.
- For all considerations with respect to tuition fees, the full course enrolled for, will be kept as base and not the installment amounts.
- The tuition fees are quoted and to be paid for each level of course, and not as per semester or modules of study. The student cannot ask to pay tuition fees proportionate to the amount of lectures attended or proportionate to the amount of modules studied or exam appeared for. The student is liable to pay full tuition fees for the course enrolled into.
- If the student has enrolled for Level 4 120 credits course/qualification, which is targeted for completion in 2 years, and the tuition fees is quoted as USD 4500 per year for two years, then the total tuition fees for the academic course is to be considered as USD 4500 x 2 = USD 9,000. So the student will not be issued a certificate of completion or marksheet or credits until and unless full USD 9,000 has been paid. Even if the student is able to complete the course in less than the target duration or even if he takes more than the target duration, the tuition fees for the course will remain the same and the student is liable to pay the full tuition fees assigned for the course.
- If the student has been enrolled for integrated foundation Level 3 course for progression to Level 4 course, and the student wants to cancel the admission or cancel the sponsorship of student residence visa then the student is liable to pay both Level 3 and Level 4 course fees cumulative total together, before the process of cancellation can be initiated.
- If the student has enrolled for Professional Diploma course/qualification, which is targeted for completion in 1 year, and the tuition fees is quoted as USD 6900. So the student will not be issued a certificate of completion or marksheet or credits until and unless full tuition of USD 6900 has been paid. Even if the student is able to complete the course in less than the target duration or even if he takes more than the target duration, the tuition fees for the course will remain the same and the student is liable to pay the full tuition fees assigned for the course.
- If the student has enrolled for the pathway to transfer to partner university for a top up masters qualification after doing validated Diploma in International Events Management or Diploma in International Sports Management or other such equivalent qualification, and the student wants to cancel the admission or the residence visa sponsorship of the academy, then the enrolled course will be considered as Diploma in International Events/Sports Management or equivalent validated diploma, and the tuition fees payable before cancellation will be the full tuition fees of the underlying validated Diploma. The student cannot claim to pay tuition fees proportionate to the amount of course completed or quantum of lectures attended or semesters completed.
- The student visa related fees and charges cannot be refunded once paid by the student. No refund of visa charges or fees will be issued even if the entry permit issued is not utilised by the student to enter into the country. Once the entry permit has been issued, the student will be liable to pay all the tuition for the course registered for because a seat will have been blocked by the academy.
- In general once the student residence visa sponsored by the academy has been issued, the academy will not cancel its sponsorship of the student visa or cancel the student visa, before the expiry of the tenure of the visa as per the academy policies, or until the full tuition fees are paid. If in exceptional cases, it is considered to cancel the student residence visa, then the cancellation will be processed only after the full course tuition fees and other charges are paid. The above policy is applicable immediately after the entry permit has been issued irrespective whether the visa has been stamped on the passport or is yet to be stamped.
- Fees are subject to change depending on the exchange rate at the time of payment. If the tuition fees are paid in a currency other than the currency in which the fees payable were quoted, then the student should ensure that the fees that the academy receives is the full due amount without any deduction of any bank charges or remittance charges or any other charges whatsoever. If the amount is remitted into the INR account then the exchange rate to be applied for the exact amount of INR to be remitted has to be checked with the academy first before doing the transfer. The rate that academy proposes for conversion will be final and student has to accept the same without dispute. If the student applies a detrimental conversion rate then the academy has the right to show the balance lower receipt as outstanding and due and the student will be responsible to clear such outstanding amount.
- In case of any outstanding amount towards the fees or any charges due to the academy, the academy has the right to withhold the student from appearing exams or assignments, withhold their transcripts or other original documents, withhold them from attending lectures and also withhold transfer or cancellation of student residence visa or entry permit. The academy may classify the student as abscond if there is consistent absence of the student in attending lectures.
- If the student does not pay the Accommodation fees or charges by the due date, the academy has the right to have the student to vacate the premises or accommodation. If the student does not agree to vacating then it will be considered as trespassing private property and illegal occupation and the academy can have the premises security take stern corrective measures. Student opting for the Academy’s Student Accommodation accept all the terms and conditions.
- Incase there is delay in payment of tuition fees or any other charges beyond stipulated due date by the student, a late fee for late payment of upto $100 per week of delay will be levied and the same cannot be contested by the student.
Abiding by laws related to work experience, part-time work, unpaid and paid internships in UAE
- The student is obliged to follow all the laws and regulations pertaining to internship or work in UAE. The Academy cannot verify and is not responsible for verifying whether the applicable laws have been adhered to by the student. The academy bears no responsibility or obligation for any act of the student that may be in contravention of any law in UAE with respect to work experience, paid and unpaid part time work experience or internships.
- The student has to obtain No Objection letter from the academy if they choose to do any internship or work, whether paid or unpaid, while they are studying at the academy. If the student does not obtain the NOC from the academy then it may be construed as illegal work.
Handover and safekeeping of passport, Emirates ID and other original document
- Students have to submit the original transcripts and mark-sheets of their past qualifications with the academy for safekeeping and verification of authenticity. At the discretion of the academy the same can be retained with the academy for the full academic year until the full course tuition fees are paid by the student.
- The academy will need to take the passport or other original documents of the student for processing of residence visa of the student. The academy is not responsible for any mishap or loss that may occur to the passport during the process whether the passport is with the academy or other parties like processing agencies like AXS or TECOM or immigration or other authorities. The academy will not be responsible for any damages or compensation in the event of occurrence of any mishap or loss to the original document.
- N|A|M|E Dubai reserves the right to withdraw from a programme or subject within a programme at any time, giving reasonable notice wherever possible, and will provide a suitable alternative Programme or subject wherever possible. N|A|M|E Dubai reserves the right to cancel any programme if the minimum recruitment level is not met.
- The student is accepted at N|A|M|E Dubai on the understanding that progression through the relevant programme is conditional upon satisfactory attendance in lectures, practical trainings, activities, internships, workshops and attaining reasonable performance targets and completing the relevant credits.
- If, in the reasonable opinion of the Head of N|A|M|E Dubai, the student has not satisfactorily attended lectures or has achieved below 75% attendance or has failed to attain reasonable performance targets, N|A|M|E Dubai may not enter the student for public or internally accredited examinations or allow the student to continue with the programmes for which they are enrolled. In such circumstances the student may be offered suitable alternative Programmes or asked to withdraw from N|A|M|E Dubai. In the event of a student being withdrawn no refund of the fees /deposit will be made.
- Any student found to have misled N|A|M|E Dubai as to their qualifications, medical or psychological history, learning difficulties, or suitability for entry will be subject to expulsion from N|A|M|E Dubai without recourse to refund of fees already paid. Should an alternative Programme be more suitable, a student may be counselled on to such a Programme.
- Students need to earn minimum grades as per the requirements set forth for the programme they have enrolled for, by the Awarding Body or the partner University for credit transfer.
- If the awarding body rejects or asks for resubmission of assessments, assignments or exam papers by the student for any reason then the student has to, irrespective of the marking or assessment previously done by N|A|M|E assessors, reperform the assignment or resubmit the same. The academy is not responsible or liable in the case where the assessment done by the assessors of the academy is challenged by the awarding body and same has to undergo a change, resulting in a change in the outcome of the assessment.
- Students are required to wear N|A|M|E Dubai identification at all times while on campus.
- Students are required to notify N|A|M|E Dubai in writing within 7 days if there is any change in their address or contact details.
- Students using unfair means in examinations will be liable for strict disciplinary action.
- It is the responsibility of the student to read the important announcements made by N|A|M|E authorities from time to time. They will not be excused or be given any concession on grounds of ignorance.
- Bullying is totally prohibited in the Institution, and anyone found guilty of bullying and/or abetting ragging, whether actively or passively or being a part of the conspiracy to promote bullying, is liable to be punished in accordance with the regulations and under the provisions of the prevailing penal law.
- A candidate found indulging in drug / alcohol abuse, violence or improper behavior and does not abide by the rules and regulation as are relevant from time to time; he /she will be liable to be expelled and suitable reporting of the same may be done to relevant authorities.
- N|A|M|E Dubai is not responsible and liable for any loss or damage of the students’ property; students are advised to insure their property against risks.
Administrative Fees for Re-assessment (Re-sits)
- For those students who do not submit coursework or assignments as per the deadline or attend an examination on the specified dates or alternatively do not pass their required assessments (assignments, coursework or examinations) in the first attempt will be offered a second attempt and an administrative fee of USD 150 per module will be applied. This fee is payable prior to the deadline for such reassessment and is non-refundable.
- Students who change their programme of study must pay the latest tuition fees for the ‘new’ programme.
- Students who interrupt their studies without prior and explicit approval from N|A|M|E Dubai, must pay the latest tuition fees at the time of returning to studies along with any other outstanding balance.
- If a student receives a ‘Fail’ grade in any module and subsequently, upon receiving approval from the Programme Leader, repeats the module or alternatively enrols for a compensating module, the student will pay the tuition fee for the module as per the most recent fee rate.
- Upon cancellation of admission or cancellation of entry permit or cancellation of student residence visa, the student will not get any refund for tuition fees, visa charges or any other fees paid. Upon expression of cancellation of admission or cancellation of entry permit or cancellation of residence visa sponsored by the academy, the remaining tuition fees for the full course will become immediately due and will be payable before the cancellation can proceed.
- A due process for cancellation of admission or cancellation of residence visa sponsorship has to be followed. Cancellation cannot happen only by sending email or verbal or written communication which is not in the prescribed form. The prescribed cancellation form has to be duly filled and signed by the student, with the signature and consent of the parents or guardian and referring education consultant if any. The cancellation process, upon receipt of the cancellation form in physical at the Dubai administration office of the academy, may take between 30 days to 60 days for processing.
- Admission is confirmed once the offer letter is issued to the student, subject to clearance of visa process by immigration.
- If after the student enters into the UAE, there is a rejection in Visa process due to failure at the stage of medical test in UAE or at any stage, the student will have to move out of the country as per the procedures of the immigration. In such a scenario, the student will have to bear all his expenses of returning back to the country. Any fines of overstay or absconding procedure will be borne fully by the students or their guardians. The student will not be eligible for any refund, neither the visa charges or the tuition fees already paid. The remaining tuition fees , unpaid for the course will not be claimed by the academy as due. The student will not be eligible for any refunds in this case.
- Tuition fee charges are determined on the basis of enrolment status and not actual attendance. This means that if students stop attending, but do not formally withdraw from or interrupt their studies, they will be liable for tuition fees until the point in time that they officially notify N|A|M|E Dubai. Students should contact the Student Office for the formal process of withdrawal from or interruption of studies.
Student Visa Application
- N|A|M|E Dubai processes Student Visa for International and Local students studying on any of our academic programs.
- Student visas are issued for duration of 12 months at a time; hence a graduation pathway student may require 2 or 3 renewals during their course of study at N|A|M|E Dubai.
- The process normally takes upto 60 days and typically applications undergo a security check by UAE government authorities (which may occasionally result in delays beyond the control of N|A|M|E Dubai). You are advised to apply as early as possible if you require a Student Visa.
- For expat students residing in the UAE who wish to apply for student visa, and for all international students, Student Visa cost of USD 1100/ AED 4100 has to be paid along with admission form (i.e. after acceptance of application form by N|A|M|E Dubai).This cost includes the cost of student visa, medical check, medical insurance in the UAE and Emirates ID residence card.
- The academy may safekeep the original passport for the further processing related to students residence visa, medical insurance and other formalities or during the dues clearance process.
- There is no refund of any fees or charges paid upon cancellation of admission. The admission cancellation process and / or the residence visa cancellation process will not proceed until the full course/qualification tuition fees and other charges as applicable are fully paid by the student.
- Student Visa will not renewed until the total outstanding is cleared by the student, if there any government charges due to delay in student visa renewal, student will be liable to clear all such dues, before the academy can process for the renewal of student visa.
- Student Visa will be neither be renewed not canceled until clearance and payment of any outstanding amount towards tuition fees or any other charges due to the academy, by the student. If delay in clearance of this outstanding amount leads to delay in student visa renewal, then any late fees or penalty charged by the authorities will have to be borne by the student and paid before student visa renewal starts.
Visit / Tourist visa
- N|A|M|E Dubai processes Visit / Tourist visa for International students studying on any of our academic programs.
- Visit / Tourist visas / permit are issued only for the duration of the course, and the student is required to stay in the country only for the duration of the visa and return to their home country before the expiry of the visa.
- The visa process normally takes up to 1 week and typically applications undergo a security check by UAE government authorities (which may occasionally result in delays beyond the control of N|A|M|E Dubai). You are advised to apply as early as possible if you require a Visit / Tourist visa.
- Visit / Tourist visa cost of USD 300 or AED 1,100 has to be paid along with admission form (i.e. after acceptance of application form by N|A|M|E Dubai).
- This cost includes the cost of Visit / Tourist visa only.
- The academy may safe keep the original passport for the further processing related to students Visit / Tourist visa, medical insurance and other formalities.
- The Visit/Tourist Visa will be sponsored by a travel company & not by Nest Academy.
- There is no refund of visa fees or any other fees or charges paid upon cancellation of admission.
- N|A|M|E is unable to refund fees when the student is absent (from Programmes) due to illness or injury or other emergency, unforeseen event or change in personal circumstances. The Fee Payer is therefore advised to arrange adequate insurance to provide cover for the refund of fees in such cases of illness or injury or other emergency, unforeseen event or change in personal circumstances.
- If, as a result of illness or injury or other emergency, unforeseen event or change in personal circumstances, a place at N|A|M|E is cancelled, or a student is withdrawn from a Programme, then the full course fees will apply.
Grounds for exclusion
- The student must abide by Awarding Body or the partner University for credit transfer and N|A|M|E Dubai’s rules, as set out in the Prospectus, Circular & Guidelines or announced by the Head of N|A|M|E Dubai from time to time.
- N|A|M|E Dubai reserves the right to require a student’s withdrawal including immediate withdrawal from a Programme, or part of a Programme, for a serious or aggravated disciplinary or behavioural matter including continued or repeated misconduct, or if it is considered by the Head of N|A|M|E that such a withdrawal is in the best interests of the student or the study group.
- In the event of a student’s temporary or permanent exclusion from a Programme, or expulsion from N|A|M|E, no refund of tuition or other charges for the current academic year, deposit, will be made.
- Students are required to maintain appropriate levels of attendance and may be expelled should this fall below the required level.
- It is important that N|A|M|E Dubai is made aware of any welfare or medical conditions or disabilities. If a student arrives at N|A|M|E with a pre-existing condition which was not declared at the time of application, N|A|M|E reserves the right to either ask the student to leave N|A|M|E or to send the student for private medical or psychological treatment or for tests, which will be at the student’s expense.
Penalties and fines
- The student is liable for any breakages, loss or damage caused by the student to the premises in which the student is being taught, live (student accommodation) or at the place of work.
- N|A|M|E Dubai may impose a reasonable penalty or fine for other forms of misconduct such as contravening health & safety regulations or infringing N|A|M|E Dubai policies.
- N|A|M|E Dubai does not accept responsibility or liability whatsoever, including liability through the acts, omissions or negligence of its employees, agents or assignees for the student’s personal property, and the student is advised to take out personal insurance to cover any loss or damage to personal property which may occur while the student is at N|A|M|E Dubaiwhether premises of Nest Academy at the like campus or accommodation or anywhere else. Although the Student, Parents or Guardians for the student should take independent advice on the content of such policies before committing themselves.
- By enrolling with N|A|M|E Dubai, the Student, Parents or Guardians consent to the reasonable use of the student’s details and academic achievements, including images or recordings of the student howsoever made, for promotional purposes.
- N|A|M|E Dubai shall not be liable for either death or personal injury suffered by any student, though utmost care will be taken by N|A|M|E Dubai. Parents and the student agree to notify N|A|M|E of special dietary needs, allergies or other medical conditions where special arrangements have to be made. Parents and students also agree that N|A|M|E may administer any non-prescription medication or first aid as is deemed appropriate and to seek medical, dental or optical treatment when required.
Reservation of rights
- N|A|M|E Dubai reserves the following rights: a) to alter the content, nature and venue of a Programme / Examination at any time b) to alter the details of any published information at any time c) to alter method of payment if deemed necessary at anytime.
Practical Training on Real Events
- By enrolling with N|A|M|E Dubai the Parents or Guardians for the student consent to the student participating in Practical Training on Real Events, Academy organised excursions, internships, interviews or other activities off N|A|M|E premises and to be given first aid or urgent medical treatment during the activity or N|A|M|E Dubai trip.
Student Visa Requirements
- Students who obtain their Student Visa through N|A|M|E Dubai will require the following:
- Completed Application Form along with signed Terms & Conditions, guidelins and Student Undertaking Letter
- Four (4) coloured passport-sized photographs with a white background. For visa application forms submitted via email students will be required to submit one (1) scanned coloured passport-sized photograph (remaining photographs will be collected at a later stage)
- “For students currently in the UAE- Copy of tourist visa, visit visa or previous visa cancellation paper; – Clear coloured copy of front and back of Emirates ID (if available)”
- Clear coloured passport copy first and last page (passport must be valid for one year).
- Student Visa fee of AED 4,100 (USD 1,100)
- Copy of fee receipts (if applicable)
- If you are below 18 years old, Immigration requires a Non Objection Certiﬁcate from your parents attested by the UAE Embassy in your home country.
- Students should be aware that to avoid any delay in their application they must ensure that all documents are fully complete. Please be aware that fees are subject to change.
- Admission Application fee of AED 365 (USD 100)
Emirates ID related information
- As per the immigration rules of the United Arab Emirates, students who have a Student Visa are required to have a valid Emirates ID card. The Emirates ID card is applied for along with the Student Visa.
- The academy will need to take the passport of the student for processing of residence visa of the student. The academy is not responsible for any mishap or loss that may occur to the passport during the process whether the passport is with the academy or other parties like processing agencies like AXS or TECOM or immigration or other authorities. The academy will not be responsible for any damages or compensation in the event of occurrence of any mishap or loss to the original document.
- Please be aware that the release of the student’s Emirates ID take 30-60 days and students are advised to keep a copy of their Emirates ID.
- Students also need to be aware that the Student Visa cannot be renewed or cancelled without their Emirates ID card. In the event that the card is lost, students are advised to visit any Emirates ID Centre to obtain a ‘Person Search Certiﬁcate’ to conﬁrm that they did hold an Emirates ID card. This certiﬁcate will then need to be submitted to the Visa Oﬃce, along with the other required documents, to renew or cancel the Student Visa.
- No NOC for internship or work experience shall be processed until the Emirates ID of the student is been issued by issuing authority.
- For further information, please visit the EIDA website at www.id.gov.ae.
Student Visa Renewal
- The Student Visa renewal process is for those students who are already sponsored by N|A|M|E Dubai. Students who are required to renew their visa under the N|A|M|E Dubai sponsorship must initiate the process with N|A|M|E Dubai Admin oﬃce one month before the visa expiration date. The process takes approximately 15-20 days and student’s presence will be required during the entire renewal process.
- A Visa renewal form needs to be ﬁlled along with signing the visa terms and conditions and student undertaking forms
Student Visa renewal charge:
AED 4,100 (USD 1,100) inclusive of:
- Visa renewal fees
- Medical fees
- Emirates ID
- Medical Insurance
Student Visa cancellation
Students who wish to defer, interrupt or withdraw from their studies are required to cancel their visa immediately by personally submitting their original passport and Emirates ID card to the N|A|M|E Admin Oﬃce. This procedure also applies to graduating students.
|Visa Cancellations Charges||AED||USD|
|Entry Permit Cancellation||1200||330|
|Residence Visa Cancellation – if in country||1500||410|
|Residence Visa Cancellation – Out of UAE with Passport||2000||550|
|Residence Visa Cancellation – Out of UAE without Passport||4400||1200|
Please note that visa charges are set by TECOM Government Authorities and may be subject to change. All charges are inclusive of VAT.
*Fees are subject to change dependent on the exchange rate at the time of payment
Practical Training Guidelines
1.CODE OF CONDUCT
- Interact with one another, with employees, faculty and with members of the public in a professional, courteous, civil, dignified, respectful, fair and equitable
- Perform their job functions with utmost care and responsibility.
- Honour the need for confidentiality with respect to information obtained in their course of practical training/internships & will not disclose confidential information gained by reason of their positions.
- Example of prohibited behaviour
- Behaviour that demeans, ridicules, or embarrasses an employee or fellow volunteers. This can include practical jokes that may be offensive or damaging to the volunteering relationship.
- Bullying which creates an intimidating, humiliating or uncomfortable work environment.
- Abuse of authority (someone in a position of authority uses his/her position to undermine, intimidate, interfere with, improperly influence or threaten another volunteer or fellow students, company officials).
- Harassment of others because of race, ancestry, age, record of offences, marital status, same sex partnership status, family status or disability
- DRESS CODE
N|A|M|E believes that there is a positive relationship between student attire, achievement, attitude, and behaviour. The intent of this dress code is to establish dignity and professionalism in the classroom, on field trips, and in the campus where N|A|M|E premise is situated. A student’s appearance should not be a distraction /disruption to the learning environment. Dress modestly and appropriately no clothes which are skimpy, revealing, offensive, etc
- POLICY FOR SUBSTANCE ABUSE
Students are required to abide by the highest standards of discipline for their behaviour in and outside N|A|M|E. Non adherence to discipline standards will invite serious disciplinary action against the student. Indulging in activities like consuming drugs, alcohol, smoking or any other activity in Campus which is construed as a societal offence at large, will call for strict disciplinary action.
Penalties for major disciplinary violation: Where the violation is major by the Competent Authority, the following penalties may be imposed:
- Suspension / debarment from the academy where the student will be declared ‘persona non-grata’ and will be debarred from entering the premises, facilities and from attending the classes.
- Permanent expulsion from the academy
- Any other course of action which may be reasonable in the circumstances
- IMPORTANT POINTS
No sharing of any contact details with the Companies during the practical training, in such scenario’s students have to proactively inform the academy Faculty. No precise numbers of projects / practical internships are prescribed in the curriculum. It would be optional and voluntary to be a part of the projects / practical internships.
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
Students need to update parents/guardian’s about internships and outdoor events. Once a student confirms his / her participation for the practical training/ internship/ workshop, he/ she cannot back out on the last moment. Disciplinary actions will be initiated against those students.
- TRAINING SELECTION PROCESS
- Prime objective of practical training is to get a practical exposure. Student should maintain a balance of their academics & practical training. It is voluntary for students to participate in practical training.
- Shortlisting – Entire shortlisting process is done by the c Right to select and reject the trainee is done by the company. Remarks of the past project / practical internships will be considered by the company at the time of selecting the trainee.
- On the project / practical internships venue, all the safety norms responsibility is of the company.
- Loss / Damage of any property during the training, Academy will not be held responsible for the same.
- We take utmost care of all the students during the practical training but for any uncertainties like natural calamities or any other thing beyond control the academy will not be responsible as these things are beyond control.
- Anti-Ragging policy & Substance abuse policy which states possession or consumption or use of restricted substances by students of the academy, within or outside the campus/internships is banned. Ragging is strictly prohibited in the academy premises and outside. Students indulging in ragging will be punished and/or expelled from the academy. Students will be expelled if found in possession or under the influence of illegal or non-medically prescribed drugs / alcohol.
- Detailed information of the practical training such as venue, timings, profile etc. should be informed to the Parents/ Guardians by the students. They should also share the contact details of their group members going for the projects / practical internships.
- Any student suffering from any medical problems are requested to carry their medicine with them, if any project / practical internships is not suitable to any student because of medical reason than the student has to inform the academy on time. Academy or the internship or practical training granting company will not be responsible for any problems, of the same is not communicated to them before taking the project training / practical internships.
- In case if any training / requirements is cancelled from the Company, academy will not be held responsible for the same.
- All the on- ground expenses during the project / practical internships are to be incurred by the company, students should refrain from making such expenses by their own.
- Internship / Practical Training offered is subject to their fulfilment of the attendance and other academic related requirements.
- Students shall ensure that all the practical trainings should be routed through the academy only, as the student is on student Visa and has entered the UAE through N|A|M|E. In case, student participate in any practical training without informing the academy, the academy will not be liable to any responsibility.
- Academy disciplinary proceedings may be initiated against a student charged with a violation of a law without regard to the status of civil or criminal proceedings. The academy may conduct disciplinary proceedings prior to, simultaneously with, or after civil or criminal proceedings. This decision may not be appealed
- Job Profile decided is being shared by the company to the academy & then academy notifies to the students, if there is deviation for the same on project / practical internships, it is the responsibility of the student to inform the academy authorities for the same.
- Students can connect with the N|A|M|E Team for official communication regarding Practical Training in office hours between 10am – 6pm on 0585806263.
- PRACTICAL TRAINING PERFORMANCE REVIEW SESSIONS
Students are advised to attend the Session as per the schedule. Students experiences & progress shall be reviewed & evaluated in the session.
- INTERVIEW GUIDELINES
During Interview for any Practical Training / Internships, students have to compulsorily be dressed in Formal attire. Students must carry updated resume in format provided by the academy. If the company has scheduled the briefing for the practical training then it is compulsory to attend the same, failing to do so can even eliminate their participation in the training.
Participation Certificates of the practical training as and when received from the Event Organizers / Company would be preserved by the academy till the completion of the course, the photocopies of the same would be distributed to the students. In Case the training certificate not provided by the company, N|A|M|E will provide a certificate to student mentioning the training attended. N|A|M|E shall take utmost care to get the certificate being released by the company. However, the delivery of the same is the sole responsibility of the company & the academy shall not be made liable for the same.
- PROJECT REPORTS GUIDELINES
It is mandatory for students to prepare project/ practical internships reports after completion of their practical training/ internship in the prescribed format. Marks are allocated to the project reports. Students to adhere to the submission deadline.
Nest Academy of Management Education (“academy”), Dubai, provides transportation services to the students through its vehicles, which are driven by qualified and responsible drivers to ensure the safety of all our passengers.
These services include; transportation for students living in academy’s accommodation, transportation for local students from fixed pick up points near to their resident to academy and transportation for field training and field trips.
- I shall provide the Academy with my contact details and update the same, whenever required. I shall also provide with Parents’ contact number and update it whenever required.
- I am aware that transportation will be available for me from fixed points and at fixed times. The services will be available from accommodation/ fixed pick up point near the residence of the students to Academy campus. The transport is not available to facilitate commute of students for individual internships or individual training sessions that they may take up. The transport services are available for the scheduled lectures or practical trainings as per the published or circulated academic calendar of the academy.
- I shall pay the repair costs for any damages caused by me to the bus.
- I shall notify the academy management of any offence relating to the bus cleanness or any misbehaviour of the driver or students.
- I shall follow all the traffic safety rules throughout the trip and when waiting for, getting on or off the bus. I will not violate any safety regulations or expose myself or others to danger during the college bus trip.
- I shall be present near the pickup point at or before the specific time.
- I will not leave the bus before reaching the academy or the designated drop-off point. I shall board the bus only from the stated pick up point.
- I shall always remain seated with seat belts fastened. In case I have not fastened the seat belt and in occurrence of mishap, academy shall not be held responsible. The academy shall not be held responsible for any mishap that occurs due to an unforeseen circumstance / situation or an act of God.
- The academy cannot be held responsible for any negligence by the driver or the transport provider.
- I will not misbehave, makes trouble or get involved in any improper or aggressive behaviour.
DECLARATION TO BE READ, UNDERSTOOD BY THE STUDENT
I admitted as a student at Nest Academy of Management Education (hereinafter referred to as “N|A|M|E” or “Academy”), Dubaido hereby undertake the following:
- I, hereby, declare that, the entries made by me in the Provisional Admission Form are complete and true to the best of my knowledge and based on records. I have neither withheld any information nor furnished fraudulent information. Should it however be found that any information furnished therein is fraudulent, incorrect or untrue in material at any time during the pursuit of the course, I realize my selection or admission to the course is liable to be cancelled and I am liable for criminal prosecution. Further I also agree to forego my seat and fees paid thereof to N|A|M|E, unconditionally and I will not move any court of law in this connection.
- I, hereby, undertake to present the original documents for verification immediately upon demand by the concerned authorities of the college.
- I hereby declare that I am aware of the cancellation policy of N|A|M|E Dubai. Student Visa charges are applied for every renewal annually. Currently the Student Visa charges are USD 1,100 or AED 4,100 for a one-year resident visa of a student.
- I understand that once the admission is confirmed, I am not eligible for any refund of tuition fees, visa charges or any other fees.
- I hereby undertake that in case of any cancellation of admission, cancellation of student residence visa sponsorship of N|A|M|E or in case of absconding, I am liable to pay the remaining full tuition fees and I am not eligible for any refund. I will bear all the charges for the cancellation and absconding charges and penalties. In such an occurrence, I undertake to absolve the education consultant who referred my admission to the academy and shall not seek any recourse or compensation with respect to admission cancellation, tuition fees or other expenses after returning back to my home country or otherwise.
- For the 120 credit course at Level 4 on the 4 year graduation pathway, my full course total tution fees for the course is USD 9,000, split into year one $4500 and year two $4500. In order to cancel the admission or for the academy to cancel the sponsorship of residence student visa, I need to pay the remaining tuition fees of the full course that I am enrolled for.
- For the 120 credit course atLevel 4 on the 3 year graduation pathway, my full course total tuition fees for the course is USD 6,500. In order to cancel the admission or for the academy to cancel the sponsorship of residence student visa, I need to pay the remaining tuition fees of the full course that I am enrolled for.
- For the Professional Diploma, my full course total tution fees for the course is USD 6,900. In order to cancel the admission or for the academy to cancel the sponsorship of residence student visa, I need to pay the remaining tuition fees of the full course that I am enrolled for.
- For the Professional Pathway course, my full course total tution fees for the course is USD 11,300, split into year one $6900 and year two $4400. In order to cancel the admission or for the academy to cancel the sponsorship of residence student visa, I need to pay the remaining tuition fees of the full course that I am enrolled for.
- For the Diploma at level 4, my full course total tution fees for the course is USD 4,500. In order to cancel the admission or for the academy to cancel the sponsorship of residence student visa, I need to pay the remaining tuition fees of the full course that I am enrolled for.
- For all other progamme/courses I undertake and understand that I need to pay full tuition fees and all due charges to the academy, within 1 week of visa being issued. I am aware and agree that if I do not pay the full tuition fees within 1 week of visa being issued, the academy has the discretion to cancel my admission and in that case no refund will be possible. I am not eligible for transcripts or results or certificates awarded by the academy or its accrediting awarding bodies or any of the partner universities and I agree not to claim the same or register any complaint for the same.
- I undertake and understand that until I pay full tuition fees and all due charges to the academy, I am not eligible for transcripts or results or certificates awarded by the academy or its accrediting awarding bodies or any of the partner universities and I agree not to claim the same or register any complaint for the same.
- I understand that upon non-payment of accommodation charges for student accommodation, I am not eligible to stay at the accommodation and agree to pay the fine as mentioned in the Student Accommodation Policy and vacate the same immediately upon non-payment. If I fail to comply with the same then I authorize the academy to take necessary actions for vacating myself and my belongings from the premises at my risk and take necessary legal action. I forsake any rights for complaints and compensations in this regard.
- I, hereby, promise to abide by the admissible rules and regulations, concerning discipline, attendance, etc. of N|A|M|E, and also to follow the Code of Conduct prescribed for the Students of the Academy, as in force from time to time and subsequent changes/modifications/amendments made there to acknowledge that, the Academy has the authority for taking punitive actions against me for violation and/or non-compliance of the same.
- I undertake to maintain decent level of attendance as recommended by the academy from time to time, during my period of study. In case of failure to maintain attendance, I understand and acknowledge that the academy has the right to cancel my admission and relinquish the sponsorship of residence visa, take punitive action against me, as may be deemed fit and proper including classifying as abscond case with immigration and other authorities for deportation proceedings. The academy can initiate abscond proceedings and I shall be liable to bear AED 7,000 towards expenses of abscond proceedings.
- I, hereby declare that, both I will not indulge in, nor tolerate ragging, in any form, even in words or intentions, and I accept to give an undertaking in the prescribed format for the same.
- I also declare that I am not suffering from any serious/contagious ailment and/or any psychiatric/psychological disorder.
- I, hereby declare that I shall be solely responsible for my involvement in any kind of undesirable / interdisciplinary activities outside the campus and shall be liable for punishment as per the law of the land. I further understand that, N|A|M|E shall in no way provide any support to me and will not be held responsible for my any such action.
- I, hereby undertake to inform N|A|M|E, about any changes in the information submitted by me, in the Admission Form and any other documents, including change in addresses and phone nos., from time to me.
- I, hereby undertake to inform N|A|M|E, if I take admission at any other University or Education Institution and agree to complete the Academy formalities for the same.
- I grant to N|A|M|E, the right to take photographs of me during my course of study at N|A|M|E. I authorize N|A|M|E its assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically. I agree that N|A|M|E may use such photographs of me with or without my name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and web content. The right of use of these photographs will continue to remain in existence after the completion of my course.
- I accept and agree to produce the Emirates ID, Passport or other ID documents in original to the academy or other authorities when asked for.
- I agree that I will make the full payment of all due tuition fee installments or other charges like medical insurance, accommodation or transportation fees before taking possession of Emirates ID.
- Incase of any cancellation of sponsorship of my residence visa, I undertake to exit the country once within the time period stipulated by immigration. In such cases I undertake to handover the passport to the academy for processing and understand that it shall be handed over back to me on the airport at the time of flying out of the country for exiting within the time period stipulated by immigration.
- I undertake to pay all the fines that are levied to me by any authority including but not limited to immigration, TECOM, RTA and I agree to let the academy hold any of my documents, including transcripts, certificates and results, until I pay all such fines or reimburse the academy if it has paid the fines on my behalf.
- I undertake not to do any illegal work or activities.
- I undertake to inform the academy about any paid internships that I opt for and shall seek a no objection letter from the academy. Incase I do not abide by the laws and regulations of UAE with respect of work and internships, I absolve the academy from any liability that may occur on account of the same.
- If I am involved in any activity that is in contravention of law then I authorize the academy to cancel its sponsorship of visa and take appropriate legal action.
- I undertake to change the phone number linked to my Emirates ID to my own UAE phone number, after I take the final possession of my emirates ID card.
I agree that I am required to use my best endeavours to meet the requirements of the programme selected and to abide by the rules and regulations of N|A|M|E. I further agree to keep myself updated and also to abide with all future amendments or changes made in Academic guidelines, Training & Internship requirement, Study Center, Examination Center and other terms of Admission, Terms and Conditions, Student Accommodation Policy and all the academy policies. I understand that if I breach any of N|A|M|E’s rules or my behaviour is deemed unacceptable by N|A|M|E, including poor attendance or unsatisfactory progress, my Admission may be cancelled and I agree that I will not be entitled to any refund of the tuition fees or other charges paid to N|A|M|E.